- The process through which the targeted individual expresses a desire for resolution other than through the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities or through criminal processes.
- Once a report is filed with the University, options for informal resolution will be reviewed with Sheila Johnson-Willis, the University’s Title IX Coordinator, who coordinates the informal resolution process.
- The Sexual and Relationship Violence Response Team members are available to advocate for interim relief on behalf of students.
- The process through which a formal complaint is filed with the Syracuse University Title IX Coordinator (at TitleIX@syr.edu or 315-443-0211) for the purpose of investigation.
- Formal resolution is facilitated through the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- In these cases, the matter is evaluated using a preponderance of evidence standard (more likely than not) as to whether the respondent violated the Code of Student Conduct [PDF].