Syracuse University cares, understands, and is a place of connection. This is about our Syracuse University community and our culture here at the University.
Syracuse University’s core principles, the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, guides the activities of all faculty, staff, and students. It provides, in part, that we respect the rights and dignity of all persons and recognize that discrimination or harassment in any form undermines the fundamental principles of the University.
We support a respectful environment through our own actions, encourage respectful behavior in others, and speak out against hatred and bias. We strive to respect the rights of others and while we respect everyone’s right to freedom of speech, with those rights comes a responsibility to do so in ways that are appropriate and sensitive to others. We will investigate allegations of bias against any and all members of our community.
The policies below are those that are most relevant to the office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services. You will find all Syracuse University policies, which all Syracuse University faculty, staff and students are expected to be familiar with and abide by.
- Syracuse University’s Code of Ethical Conduct
- Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
- Non-Consensual Sexual Activity
- Sexual Harassment, Abuse and Assault Prevention
- Non-Discrimination in Employment on the Basis of Disability
- Nursing Mothers in the Workplace
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, Stalking or Relationship Violence
- Worker’s Compensation Law and Disability Benefits Law to Employees