Information for Reporting Individuals


Protective Measures and Accommodations for Reporting Individuals

What kinds of protective measures might SU put in place to protect someone who reports sexual misconduct?

SU will put into place reasonable measures to protect a reporting individual or others and to remedy an unsafe or hostile environment. Protective measures can be taken immediately, while an investigation is still ongoing.  Protective measures may be implemented on an interim, or temporary basis, but may also be made permanent.  Examples of protective measures SU may take include, but are not limited to: a no-contact order, safe-space zones, residence hall relocation, adjustment of course schedules or employment, a leave of absence, transportation arrangements, or reassignment to a different supervisor or position. These measures may be applied to one, both, or multiple parties involved.

Who should a student or employee contact to request protective measures?

A SU student may contact, Sheila Johnson-Willis, the Title IX Coordinator, at 315-443-0211 or the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities, or DPS to request a No Contact Order (NCO).


Retaliation against a reporting individual or anyone involved in the process is prohibited.

Retaliation may include:

    • Intimidating or threatening a person because such person filed a complaint, furnished information, assisted or participated in any manner in an investigation, review, hearing or other activity related to the administration of university policies.
    • Contacting or threatening other parties and witnesses for the purpose of interfering with the investigation, and encouraging others to contact or threaten parties and witnesses for the purpose of interfering.

 Reporting Concerns to the University

To report concerns regarding Sexual and relationship violence email the Title IX office.

Quick Links